Releasing exclusively in-store and online today, April 11 at 11am HST.
Mahalo for your continued support and rolling with us! If you have been engaged with us, you’ve probably noticed that we usually reserve Thursdays for any accessory releases. Today we have something extremely special—in fact, something that we have been working on for the past year. Throughout the years, we have been introducing technical garments under our TROPTECH™ division. The opportunity to provide you with thoughtful IP (intellectual property)-filled garments in our space fills us with pride.
TROPTECH™ provides solutions for our environment and we are constantly designing and testing new merchandise. Today we are very excited to present the PASS [NUKU] Adjustable Shoulder/Waist Bag in collaboration with designer and craftsman, Takehiko Hanafusa (TAKES HANDS). Take has been hand-making bags and accessories in Japan with brilliant quality over the years and we are extremely honored to work with him. As with all TROPTECH™ pieces, we assign a name that relates to a characteristic description of mountain terrains. This is called PASS. A mountain pass is a navigable route through a mountain range or over a ridge. We have added the Hawaiian translation NUKU, passageway or trail, for further description.
The PASS [NUKU] bags are extremely limited and made from the highest quality materials with precise detail. Please note that there will be no holds or discounts. Mahalo for your understanding, and we hope you enjoy this piece as much as we did working with Take on them.
Details as follows:
Durable Shell Fabric
• X-Pac™ Ripstop Polyester, Hydro State waterproof construction technology, and 200 denier nylon fabric face provide an ideal balance of weight and durability.
• Made in the USA.
• Front FITTED label stitched in bottom right.
Breathable Back Panel
• Highly breathable spacer mesh back panel provides breathable comfort to keep you cool during hot weather.
YKK AquaGuard® Zippers
• High quality, water-repellent zippers created by laminating the reverse side of a coil zipper.
Bottom Shock Cording
• Orange cording stretches to hold an extra sweater, jacket, or packable umbrella.
Versatile Side Panels
• Nylon webbing with spaced stitching provides additional points to add carabiners and other accessories.
• Takehiko Hanafusa’s signature TAKES HANDS eye logo stitched on wearer’s right side.